Saint Lucia is recognized as one of the leading wedding and honeymoon destinations in the world; given the island’s inspiring natural beauty and the warmth of its people, it is no surprise that so many couples choose Saint Lucia for their once-in-a-lifetime special day.
Experienced wedding planning professionals at resorts and local tour operations will insure that the entire process, including fulfilling all legal requirements, will be simple and stress-free.
Generally, the earliest the marriage ceremony can take place is the third day after your arrival on the island. For an increased fee, an express service exists that allows couples to marry the day after arriving or on the same day when arriving early in the morning on a cruise ship, provided it is a weekday.
The marriage application must be made by a local solicitor (attorney) to the Attorney General. All hotels and resorts, as well as professional wedding planners, will take care of this for you.
Document requirements for marriage in St. Lucia:
- Birth Certificates
- Decree Absolute for a previous divorce (if applicable)
- Death Certificate of a previous spouse (if applicable)
- Deed Poll for a legal name change (if applicable)
- If one of the parties is under the age of 18, evidence of parental consent is required in the form of a sworn affidavit stamped by a Notary Public
- Authenticated translations are required for any document which is not in English
Note: all documents must be originals or certified copies with raised seals.
Saint Lucia’s Certificate of Marriage is recognized in most countries throughout the world; French nationals, however, must register their marriage with the local embassy.
St. Lucia Marriage Fees:
- Marriage License Application & Notary Fees EC$335
- Express 24 hour option EC$540
- Registrar Fees EC$100
- Certificate of Marriage EC$8
Besides the legal requirements your resort or independent wedding planner can arrange for the venue, flowers, music, photography & videography, transportation, reception & dining, etc, to insure the day meets all of your hopes and expectations.
It is also possible to be married in a local Roman Catholic Church or one of another denomination; wedding planners can assist with all requirements and arrangements.