Local Media in Saint Lucia
As one of the most picturesque and culturally-rich islands in the Caribbean, Saint Lucia has a lot to offer when it comes to local media. From traditional print publications to online news sites and social media platforms, the island’s media landscape is as diverse and vibrant as its people.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the different types of local media in Saint Lucia, including newspapers, radio stations, and online outlets. We’ll explore the unique challenges and opportunities facing local journalists and content creators, and examine the ways in which Saint Lucians use media to stay informed, engaged, and connected to their communities.
So whether you’re a local looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news and events, or a visitor interested in learning more about the island’s culture and people, read on to discover the fascinating world of local media in Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucia Newspapers
- The Voice – published Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; on-line (www.thevoiceslu.com)
- The Star – published Wednesday, Saturday; on-line (www.stluciastar.com)
- The Crusader – published Saturday
- The Mirror – published Friday; on-line
- One Caribbean – published SaturdayNewspapers are available at many local outlets including supermarkets, retail stores and bookstores located in various local malls.
Saint Lucia Television Stations
- HTS (Helen Television System)
- DBS (Daher Broadcasting Service)
- The Visitor Channel
- Catholic TV Broadcasting
Besides the local stations listed above, Saint Lucia receives a great variety of regional and international stations via the two cable companies who provide services island wide. These include German, French and Spanish language stations.
Saint Lucia Radio Stations
- Radio Caribbean International – 101.1 (www.rcistlucia.com)
- Helen FM – 100.1 north / 103.5 south (www.htsstlucia.com)
- Radio St. Lucia – 97.3 north / 97.7 south (www.slucia.com/radio)
- Hot FM – 105.3 north / 96.1 south (www.caribbeanhotfm.com)
- Rhythm FM – 95.5 (www.rhythmfm.net)
- The Wave – 93.7 north / 94.5 south (www.thewavestlucia.com)
- Soufriere FM – 85.5
- Tropical Traveller – published monthly (www.tropicaltraveller.com)
- Paradise St. Lucia – published 4 times yearly (www.paradisestlucia.com)
- Visions of St. Lucia – published annually (www.visionsofstlucia.com)
- LaBelle Helene – published annually